Registered Nurse (Nights)
Richmond Aston-on-Trent, Richmond Drive, Aston-on-Trent, Derby, DE72 2EA
We’re currently looking for an enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join our team at Richmond Aston-on-Trent. In 2019, the village received a ‘requires improvement’ CQC rating, since then, an experienced nurse joined us as the Head of Care and a new Village Manager and Clinical Lead have also started. This core team have now been in place for the last 18 months and have been working hard to implement the actions required in the CQC action plan. Importantly, the feedback from our residents and their relatives tells us that we are doing well, particularly throughout these challenging times.
Working hours and salary
Night Shifts: 7pm – 7am
Full time & part time available
£16.60 per hour between 7pm – 9pm
£18.26 per hour between 9pm – 7am
Additional overtime rates available
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to the Bupa Nurse Fellowship; joining a global community with scholarships up to £10,000, mentoring programmes, webinars, lectures and events.
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NMC annual pin payment reimbursed
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
Meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (Inc £1000 for successful nurse referrals)
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used
Who we’re looking for
- A Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin and a genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
- An effective communicator who’s able to build strong and honest relationships with residents and the people they care about
- A passion to coach, guide and support your team, as well as providing formal and informal programmes of training to colleagues and other care professionals
- A respectful and compassionate team player with the belief in giving your personal best
What your typical day involves
- You’ll take responsibility for the well-being of our residents, leading a team of Senior Care Assistants and Care Assistants to ensure residents’ physical, emotional and social needs are met
- Carrying out assessments, you’ll develop, implement and evaluate individualised care plans for each of our residents
- Throughout the night, you’ll monitor work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to the relevant standards, policies and legislation, assisting the care team where required
- Delivering clinical guidance to your care team, you’ll lead, motivate and mentor this team to ensure the safe and efficient day to day running of the care home
- Always promoting our resident’s independence, choice and dignity by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement, you’ll ensure a safe and person-centred home is maintained
Who we are
Set in the south Derbyshire countryside, Richmond Aston-on-Trent is located in the quintessential English village of Aston-on-Trent. The village is situated close to the M1 and the A52 making it easily accessible to both the north and south of the country. Close by are Derby, Nottingham and Burton-upon-Trent. Richmond Aston-on-Trent is a purpose-built retirement community in South Derbyshire. Apartments and Suites are available to buy and the Village Care Home provides nursing and residential dementia care.
To apply direct please email:
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.