£37,128 – £43,680 pro rata per annum, dependant on skills and Expereince per hour
08:00 – 20:00 or 20:00 – 08:00
Full time & part time available (minimum permanent contract is 12 hours)
What your typical day involves
You’ll take responsibility for the well-being of our residents including; making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met
Carrying out assessments, you’ll develop, implement and evaluate individualised care plans for each of our residents
Throughout the day, you’ll monitor work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to the relevant standards, policies and legislation
Delivering clinical guidance to your care team, you’ll lead, motivate and mentor this team to ensure the safe and efficient day to day running of the care home
Always promoting our resident’s independence, choice and dignity by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement
Who we’re looking for
A Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin and a genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
You’re passionate about caring for the elderly and have a flair for helping people maintain their independence, choice and dignity
An effective communicator who’s able to build strong and honest relationships with residents and the people they care about
A willingness to coach, guide and support your team, including providing formal and informal programmes of teaching to colleagues and other care professionals
A respectful and compassionate team player with the belief in giving your personal best
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to the Bupa Nurse Fellowship; joining a global community with scholarships up to £10,000, mentoring programmes, webinars, lectures and events
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NMC annual pin payment reimbursed
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
Set in Puttenham, just off the A3 and on the main road near Puttenham Golf Club, Puttenham Hill House is not accessible by public transport with Guildford station being 10 minutes away by car. The home provides residential and nursing care as well as support for those living with Parkinson’s. With a real family feel, the friendly team like to socialise and host staff events such as meals out, race and pamper nights. The team are passionate about providing person centred care, championing dignity and independence. As part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.