Richmond Painswick, Stroud Road, Painswick, Stroud, GL6 6UL
As a Registered Nurse at a Richmond Villages you’ll not only be able to use your skills to deliver outstanding clinical care in a beautiful setting, but we’ll support you with your continuing professional development too. More than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents – providing them with ongoing clinical care and support which helps them live life to the full. We’re currently looking for an enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join our team at Richmond Painswick.
Working hours and salary
Full time & Part time available (minimum permanent contract is 12 hours)
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to the Bupa Nurse Fellowship; joining a global community with scholarships up to £10,000, mentoring programmes, webinars, lectures and events.
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NMC annual pin payment reimbursed
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used
What your typical day involves
- You’ll take responsibility for the well-being of our residents, leading a team of Senior Care Assistants and Care Assistants to ensure residents’ physical, emotional and social needs are met
- Carrying out assessments, you’ll develop, implement and evaluate individualised care plans for each of our residents
- Throughout the day, you’ll monitor work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to the relevant standards, policies and legislation
- Delivering clinical guidance to your care team, you’ll lead, motivate and mentor this team to ensure the safe and efficient day to day running of the care home
- Always promoting our resident’s independence, choice and dignity by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement – you’ll ensure a safe and person-centred home is maintained
Who we’re looking for
- A Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin and a genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
- With a positive attitude, your energy and enthusiasm will encourage a supportive working environment
- Naturally caring with a hands-on approach, you have a flair for helping people maintain their independence, choice and dignity
- An effective communicator who’s able to build strong and honest relationships with residents and the people they care about
- A passion to coach, guide and support your team, as well as providing formal and informal programmes of training to colleagues and other care professionals
- A respectful and compassionate team player with the belief in giving your personal best
Richmond Painswick is a state-of-the-art retirement village set in beautifully landscaped grounds that include luxury independent apartments offering domiciliary care and an onsite care home with 24 en-suite beds offering residential and nursing care. Situated in the beautiful Cotswolds, on the southern slopes of Painswick in Gloucestershire. The village is just off Stroud Road near Stamages Lane Car Park and there is a bus stop on Stroud Road just before Cotswold Mead, just a 3-minute walk from the village. The team are passionate about person centred care, offering an aspirational lifestyle to our residents whilst always helping them retain their independence. From events with the local community and charity fundraisers to birthday celebrations and entertainers – no two days are ever the same at Richmond Painswick. There’s a real sense of community here and as part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.