Pendean House Care Home, Midhurst, West Sussex
Circa £65,000 package plus Excellent Bupa Package
When you become a Home Manager at Bupa, you’re trusted with people’s lives. And a responsibility like this can’t be trusted with just anyone. We know it’s a privilege to care for people – treating each and every person as if they were part of our family. That’s why it’s important that outstanding teams have outstanding leaders – inspirational managers that have the belief and drive to make our resident’s lives better.
About our home
Nestled in the South Downs National Park, 1 mile from Midhurst, Pendean House offers residential and nursing care. The home has a real family feel, where the team are passionate about providing person centred care, championing dignity and independence.
About the role
As well as being able to lead and inspire a multi-disciplinary team, we’ll look to you to provide outstanding, personalised care to our residents. Always putting the needs and wellbeing of our residents first – finding new ways to enrich their lives.
You’ll be managing all aspects of the home, identifying business opportunities whilst effectively managing budgets, taking responsibility for the operating profit of the home, and ensuring regulatory compliance is maintained across all relevant areas. Competent in creating and developing strong internal and external relationships, you’ll play an important role in strengthening the Bupa brand as a trusted healthcare partner with key audiences including Local Authority and Primary Care Trust commissioners.
For this role you will need to become registered with the regulator and, you also may occasionally be required to work out of hours or evenings.
Who we’re looking for
- You will know how to make a positive difference within a heavily regulated sector, as you’ll have a strong commercial acumen and strategic mind
- The ability to develop an environment which focuses on continuous improvements
- An effective communicator, with a confident and influential leadership style
What we’ll offer you in return
- Discretionary bonus of up to 30% of base salary
- Contributory pension (up to 5%) and life assurance
- Individual private medical insurance
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development to support your career prospects
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym pass & discounted health assessments.
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
To find out more about our care home teams, find us on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.