Permanent, Full time,
£21,000 – £24,000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to join our fast paced Bupa Dental practice based in our beautiful West End practice. If you want to work for a large company that supports and appreciates its people, Bupa may be for you! We have a happy, fun and productive working environment and you would join a team of highly motivated colleagues. We have a strong focus on training and development and can provide excellent career opportunities. If you’re an experienced Dental Nurse with a strong focus on patient care and the ability to reassure patients and put them at ease, we’re keen to hear from you.
- Welcoming patients and providing direct support with their treatment
- Taking responsibility for the decontamination of instruments
- Maintaining dental operating equipment
- Ensuring that all relevant materials and supplies are in place
- Looking after patient records – including making notes when the Dentist is examining a patient
- Working closely with the Dentist, responding quickly to requests and generally keeping the surgery ready for use
- Ensure the surgery is prepared and ready to accept patients at the start of the day and thoroughly cleaned at the end of each working day.
- Ensure that the surgery is kept clean and surfaces uncluttered at all times.
- Carry out vigorous cross-infection control procedures as detailed in the Dentistry Clinical Manual.
- Prepare dental materials in a timely fashion, demonstrating appropriate knowledge and handling of the products to reduce waste.
· Prepare and maintain dental instruments and equipment.
· Clean and sterilise instruments (in an autoclave that is regularly tested) between each patient as detailed in the Dentistry Clinical Manual
· Deposit disposables in the appropriate sharps/clinical waste containers
- Maintain a comprehensive recall system, actively supporting the full capacity of the surgery.
- Assist with administrative duties both within the surgery and the Dental Centre as requested.
- Take responsibility for Management Information – accurately recording and managing client data in a timely and efficient manner
Offer an outstanding customer service:
- Be professional and courteous
- Keep the customer informed – where appropriate explaining procedures/costs fully
- Listen and show empathy
- Ensure their questions and queries are fully answered (possibly by the dentist)
- Manage and maintain suitable stock levels within the surgery ensuring cost effective ordering practices.
- Control individual surgery consumable spends with input from Dental Assistant Team Leader.
Continuing Professional Development
- Attend mandatory in-house training e.g. CPR, cross-infection control and others as deemed appropriate by line manager.
- Keep up to date with clinical and operational procedures
Skills we look for:
- GDC registered Dental Nurses
- Experience of working in a private dental practice is desirable
- Customer focus and enthusiasm
- Ability to care for patients who may be anxious
- Flexibility to undertake all tasks required to provide an excellent service
- Good computer skills and knowledge of EXACT (SOE) is desirable
We have lots of fantastic benefits to offer:
- CPD support: In house training courses, CPD evenings, support with external courses
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- GDC fees paid after 12 months service
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Free uniform
- Bupa Health insurance paid for yourself by Bupa (you just pay the tax)
- Discounts on Bupa Dental insurance, Health assessments and gym membership
- Free annual health assessment
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Healthline
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app