Richmond Drive, Aston-on-Trent, Derby DE72 2EA
Providing more than just retirement living. Richmond Village offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class service. As a Receptionist at Aston Village, you’ll ensure all callers and visitors are greeted in a professional manner and provide ongoing administrative support to the Administrator and Village Manager.
Working hours and salary
Part Time Receptionist – 15 Hours
£8.72 per hour
What your typical day involves
- Providing a warm welcome to visitors in the village reception, ensuring they sign in and refreshments are offered
- Answering incoming calls to the village reception, directing calls as appropriate and ensuring messages are relayed
- Dealing with queries from residents – reporting these as required
- Receiving money from residents and their families for sundry items, providing receipts and confirming payments as required
- Ensuring the display information board is kept up to date
- Managing incoming and outgoing post, ensuring all correspondence is dealt with promptly and any outstanding items are reported to the Administrator
- Ensuring bookings are made and records are updated such as restaurant bookings, maintenance and transport requests
- Ensuring office supplies are maintained and any issues with equipment are reported or call outs are made
- Maintaining and updating records such as master copy forms, room status reports and Village residents list
Who we’re looking for
With strong communication skills and an excellent telephone manner, you’ll have experience of using a telephone switchboard and be competent using Microsoft Office. Excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage your own time, you’ll work well within a team but also on your own initiative. Experience of working on a reception or in a care home environment would be advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
Registered with CQC, Aston-on-Trent’s 61 bed home offers residential, nursing and dementia care in a bright and beautifully presented environment. As a care home resident you would enjoy a private en suite bedroom with modern profiling bed and be encouraged to bring favourite possessions and furniture with you. Please find the fantastic reviews and high rating awarded to us by residents and their families on the independent website carehome.co.uk.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Job Reference: RIC01LY_1600771579
Salary: £8 - £8.72 per hour
Salary From: £8
Salary To: £8.72
Job Industries: Medical and Nursing
Job Locations: Derbyshire
Job Types: Permanent