Infrastructure & Security Systems Engineer
When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you’ll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work within our Rail Division. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our Rail division. You will have the opportunity to work from home with a minimum of 1 day a week in our Canning Town office. You will work in a small team that supports both the projects team and maintenance team delivering works across London Underground and Network Rail systems.
What you’ll do:
- You will work in a team of IT infrastructure (VMware) focused systems engineers
- Support the maintenance and upgrade of IT infrastructure including windows servers, including domains along with SQL databases across our internal remote systems and supporting across our customer sites.
- Working with the team to support our remote toolsets including network management toolsets.
- Design, build, test and maintain Windows Server architectures.
- Deploy cyber security systems and processes.
- Maintaining or build Microsoft SQL databases.
- Work with or build virtualisation instances preferably VMware.
- Worked with or build network management platforms preferably Solarwinds .
Who you are:
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer with a background in Infrastructure and Security, who is happy to build policies and procedures for both our customers and us here at Telent.
- Experience of patch management and patching security process.
- VMware, Unix, Linux.
- Windows Server – patch manager and hardware.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills as you will be working closely with our customers.
- Experience of designing, building, testing, and maintaining network equipment.
- Experience of designing, building, testing, and maintaining Windows Server architectures.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies, and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year.
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: