At Telent, you will have the opportunity to be a part of something bigger. To keep things moving, to connect people. It’s important work we do. Learning together, inspiring colleagues, and making the entire organisation better. Join us and help keep the nations critical networks connected and protected 24/7.
Reporting into the Highways Training and Assurance Manager, the role will be key in the collecting competence evidence in order to register operatives with the National Highways Sector Scheme 8. Working from home and visiting sites south of Warwick/M42.
What you’ll do:
- Assess operatives on site in order to maintain compliance with National Highways Sector Scheme 8 (NHSS8) and support where needed the achievement of the Highways CBQ-NVQ qualification for all operatives.
- Deliver Toolbox Talks (TBTs) to maintain the high level of training required.
- Assist the Training Academy as/when needed in the delivery of required training.
- Work with line managers to ensure suitable activities can be observed and evidence collected.
- Delivery or low-level key skills training in line with the Highways Training Academy needs.
Who you are:
This role is responsible for providing technical expertise and assessment on all Highways roadside activities. You will be a subject matter expert and initial point of contact for on-site activities.
- Must have experience working in the Highways environment, with a good understanding of the technologies used and the activities undertaken in installation and maintenance of equipment.
- Due to the nature of work flow a pro-active approach and organisational skills are essential.
- Have excellent planning and organising skills and able to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span many sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- Commercial Vehicle
- 34 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: