QEHS (Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety) Apprentice
Warwick, Point 3, Haywood Road.
Level 3 Safety, Health and Environment Technician
Starting Salary: £16,000
Ref No: 117
When you join one of Telent’s Apprenticeship Programmes you will be working as part of a company that effects the everyday lives of people across the UK and Ireland. With our diverse portfolio of projects and areas of specialities, we offer a range of apprenticeships to suit different types of learners. You will have the opportunity to grow, develop and learn from professionals whilst building your career with Telent and gaining industry leading qualifications. We rely on our Early Careers Talent to become our leaders of the future, so its vitally important for us to find the individuals with passion and potential to achieve together. Join Telent and be part of something bigger.
What you’ll do:
Reporting into the Head of Quality Services and Assurance. The successful apprentice wil be rotating between the Health, Safety and Wellbeing, and Quality and Environmental teams to develop skills across all areas of QEHS. This will include providing health and safety advice to our colleagues, quality controls to deliver “Right First Time”, audit and assurance, and gain an understanding of net zero carbon management.
- Promote all quality, environmental, health, safety, and wellbeing policies and procedures
- Supporting compliance with environmental and health and safety legislation
- Working with our Quality Engineer and EHS Advisors to check that works are undertaken safely and to the required quality standards to deliver “Right First Time”
- Assisting with incident/quality investigations
- Assisting with internal audits
- Supporting the inspection programme by assisting with inspection scheduling, gathering of evidence, and identification and implementation of corrective actions
- Supporting QEHS engagement events and activities
- Supporting the QEHS teams’ commitment to continuous improvement
- Positively influencing quality, environmental and safety behaviours in others and helping to resolve challenges.
Who you are & what to prepare for:
- We don’t require individuals with experience as we will provide full training in all aspects of the role. We are looking for candidates with the right attitude, commitment, and desire to learn
- You will get a mobile phone and laptop as part of the role
- Although supported throughout the programme by us at Telent you will need to take ownership of your tasks and personal development
- The ideal candidate will have a natural interest or passion for the environment, quality or health and safety.
- The successful candidate will be given a vehicle as part of the role due to travel requirement
- You will have to go pass a Drugs and Alcohol assessment prior to any offer of employment has been made.
- 5 GCSEs grades 9 to 4. Specifically, in Maths, English and Science or an IT related subject (A* to C)
- Full UK Driving licence would be essential for the role
- Be 18 Years old from January 2024
- Be able to pass Security Clearance
- Be able to pass a pre-employment Drugs & Alcohol assessment and adhere to the Telent Drugs & Alcohol Policy.
- This apprenticeship is typically 24 months in duration
- Starting salary of £16,000 which will increase throughout the duration of the programme
- The qualification you gain will be a Level 3 in Safety, Health and Environmental Technician
- Our chosen training provider Bragd will support you in obtaining your qualification
- You will work in an Agile model from both our office in Warwick location and remotely from home. You will be expected to travel to other client and telent locations
- On completion of your apprenticeship, we hope to offer you a full-time position with Telent where you can continue to pursue your career
- You will be mentored by colleagues, supervisors, managers and tutors throughout the programme
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies, and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 34 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
Telent is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support and maintenance, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology. of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure. The work we do helps connect thousands of people and communities, using the best technology and innovation available. When you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on all our futures by fulfilling your potential and delivering high performance. We work together to make everyday life work better for everyone. You’ll be part of a team of more than 3,000 brilliant, dedicated people committed to getting the job done well.
Brilliance brought together.
We are guided by our values and behaviours:
- Be Inclusive
- Take Responsibility
- Be Customer-focused