Provider Network Executive
£23,000 to £27,000
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
Join a team that’s passionate about leading the healthcare market with products and services designed to help people lead better lives.
At Bupa you’ll work on high-impact, innovative projects in an organisation that makes a real difference. You’ll have to be ambitious and eager to play an integral role in our overall digital strategy.
What you’ll be doing
As a Provider Network Executive you’ll help play a key role in the creation and management of Bupa’s network of providers. The role coordinates the creation of new service line networks, the tender and application process for all provider networks and the maintenance of networks in Bupa systems. You will also be responsible for the process and decisions for new hospital recognition, hospital de-recognition, out of contract and out of network funding requests.
What’s a typical day?
A typical day will be to support the design and development of new and renewing networks driving the planning, tendering and contracting processes. You’ll undertake financial modelling to assess commercial value from hospital network proposals and help develop effective contingency plans prior to network launch to ensure we minimise customer disruption should a provider not participate in the network tender or renewal. You will lead drafting of provider communications necessary to support network development or tender process. You’ll be required to work with Legal to draft network contracts using up to date contract architecture, agreeing variations with Hospital Management, Clinician Network Development team and Legal where appropriate and also help monitor application rates and regularly assess coverage gaps sharing updates with Network Manager and Provider Management team.
Who we’re looking for?
- Highly analytical and commercial. Works with large data sets to identify trends, issues and opportunities and to model impact of solutions on customers and the business.
- Experience of contract management and running structured tendering process, including ongoing development of standard terms.
- Practical experience of developing and enforcing contract standards
- Evidence of being able to think and plan strategically, as well as deliver operationally
- Systematic approach to managing own workload and projects, prioritising competing demands from multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to manage issues with political sensitivity in relation to internal and external stakeholders while securing the best outcome for the business.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, explaining complex issues clearly and concisely, presenting compelling arguments / proposals using fact based evidence and research, adapting style for maximum impact with audiences.
- Able to challenge constructively and resolve conflict / issues productively.
- Forward looking. Able to identify risks, issues, opportunities early and develop and then deliver effective solutions.
- Strong team player, focussed on delivering own objectives while enabling / supporting others to deliver theirs.
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. Your health and wellbeing matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.