The Mirror is recruiting a Production Editor who will be responsible for uploading the best stories online each day from the Mirror print edition. This is a key role as we look to further integrate the newsroom, and will suit an experienced editor who will ensure the stories are sold in the best possible way with great pictures and video so we can maximise page views from the content created by our print colleagues.
What will the role involve?
- Ensure the Mirror’s best print stories are published online each day with eye-catching headlines
- Work with editors and news editors to ensure we are getting our content up at the times we require each shift
- Take responsibility for ensuring we get maximum page views from the Mirror’s print content
- Ensure our stories look great with relevant pictures /video
- Responsible for making sure stories are projected on social media
Who are we looking for?
- 18 months senior experience on national or regional title
- Excellent knowledge of media law
- Excellent news sense
- Able to produce brilliant online headlines
- Organised with ability to work to multiple deadlines
- Strong communicator and able to liaise across a number of departments
- Knowledge of SEO desirable
What can we offer you?
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day– an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.