We are on the lookout for a Product Owner to partner with key stakeholders and work cross functionally in our claims function. A critical role accountable for ensuring that all prioritisation, user stories and delivery of change is delivered using Agile methodologies working in Kanban and scrum teams.
A huge opportunity to be a key part in the Claims Transformation agenda with the opportunity to work closely with the Claims Transformation Director and project teams to deliver a fast paced and ambitious portfolio of transformation initiatives.
How you will make a difference
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication with stakeholders and business owners to ensure business requirements are gathered effectively, planned in good time and fully understood
- Ensure all requirements are documented and communicated in accordance with approved methodology (including user stories with acceptance criteria). Ensure that requirement and design documents are appropriately distributed, reviewed, discussed, modified, and ultimately approved (where appropriate)
- Create and write acceptance criteria for all user stories within your iteration
- Review, update and sign off test scripts for both in-track and regression testing, ensuring full coverage of user stories
- Responsible for completion of full OAT testing and documentation providing full evidence to enable other product owners to decide on deployment
- Support during deployments, escalating any issues that arise outside of any accepted workarounds.
- Help prioritise the product backlog (regarding business strategy, customer, colleague and commercial priorities) and plan the sprints communicating the outcomes and progress to the product owner and business owners where appropriate
- Attend and plan for PI events and lead in your relevant team and attend all Scrum meetings
- Represent stakeholders within development team, ensuring that developments meet the business requirement and are fit for purpose.
- Build up expert knowledge of workings of Guidewire System environment within your portfolio of change
- Work with other product owners to ensure any changes with downstream impacts are communicated ahead of change to ensure any impacts are considered.
- Ensure integrity of progress reporting (via Octane) is maintained
What we’re looking for:
As a leading insurer, this role is critical to our digital delivery and success, it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a hands-on approach is key.
You will have strong Product Owner experience, and a good understanding of Agile development methodologies, especially SCRUM within digital transformation.
You will ideally have good working knowledge of Guidewire core platforms.
We would like you to be passionate about sharing your ideas to engage and enthuse senior stakeholders on our journey, so strong communication skills is important.
Benefits for you
- Real opportunity to make a difference, with the opportunity to develop
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10% and default match of Colleague 5%, Employer 5%
- £5k car allowance
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 27 days holiday and bank holidays (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.