We currently have a unique opportunity for a Procurement Support Apprentice to join our growing team here at Hastings Direct.
This scheme will offer individuals the opportunity develop the core competencies expected of a professional in their field, whilst preparing them to take on a position of responsibility and leadership either in that function or elsewhere in the business in the future.
To help them become a well-rounded professional, Hastings will also provide full funding and support to gain appropriate qualifications through an apprenticeship scheme.
For Procurement apprentices this means they will undertake the CIPS Diploma, targeting completion in 2 years, whilst candidates with high leadership potential may go on to study the advanced Diploma for a further 2 years. Apprentices are expected to place emphasis on achieving qualification within the agreed time period.
- Support the production of contract summaries
- Data management and establishing and producing regular reporting around procurement, supplier management and performance of both the team and the supplier base
- Co-ordinate and administer the due diligence process for the business ensuring delivery on time within agreed SLAs
- Process improvement and documentation
- Support or run procurement end to end activities (tenders, negotiation, due diligence etc. through to signing)
- Liaise with legal to support stakeholders in a smooth contracting process, with key clauses and outcomes clearly understood
- Support or leadership on other initiatives or activities as required
- Competitive basic salary
- Flexible working opportunities
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Excellent pension contributions
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.