Our vision is to become the best and biggest digital insurer in the UK, and as we continue to grow we have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Generalist professional to join us on our journey and help us deliver our long term goals.
You will work across multiple categories and deliver procurement projects, constantly driving innovation and improved value from supplier’s throughout the supplier lifecycle. You will need to be highly proactive in identifying and prioritising opportunities, driving business engagement and conducting market research.
How you will make a difference
You will be working at all levels across the business up to Executive level and managing all aspects of the end to end procurement process. The aim will be to make supplier sourcing as straightforward and efficient as possible for our colleagues and business suppliers.
- Work closely with the team on procurement end to end activities such as, tender, auction, negotiation and due diligence
- Build strong partnerships with key stakeholders in the business, ensuring early engagement, making the process easy for them, with clear inputs, deliverables and acceptable turnaround times for completion of procurement activity
- Maintain a strong partnership with the legal team to enable a smooth contracting process, with key clauses and outcomes clearly understood
- Keep up to date with the latest developments, innovations, opportunities, market developments and regulation
- Ensure the business negotiates the best commercial outcomes with suppliers that balances cost with service level, risk, tenure and alignment of long and short term organisational goals
What we are looking for
As a modern digital insurer this role is critical to help our continued growth and success, it will be busy and varied so a hands-on approach is key.
You will also need to be a skilled negotiator with commercial acumen, it is essential you are able to understand complex commercial issues to enable you to drive negotiations.
Benefits for you
- Competitive basic salary
- Flexible working opportunities
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5k Car Allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Excellent pension contributions
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- Discounted rail travel
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.