Procurement Category Manager – Legal Panel & BI – 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Our vision is to become the best and biggest digital insurer, and as we continue to grow through the power of data and digital trends were looking for an experienced Procurement professional to join us on our journey and deliver our long term goals.
Working across the Salvage and Accidental Damage category to deliver procurement projects and manage key suppliers, manage contract risk and adherence and drive innovation and improved value from suppliers throughout the supplier life cycle.
The role holder will be working at all levels across the business up to Executive level in managing all aspects of the end to end procurement process on their assigned initiatives with the aim of making supplier sourcing as straightforward and efficient as possible for colleagues in the business and for suppliers and managing key supplier relationships within their category throughout their lifecycle
How you will make a difference
- An expert in your category, you will develop and deliver large scale category plans in partnership with business stakeholders, taking a highly proactive approach to identifying and prioritising opportunities
- Proactively research the latest developments, innovations and opportunities within their category of supply to drive down costs and improve efficiency
- Consistently deliver against our category plans to deliver savings and increase value for the business
- Build and maintain strong internal partnerships with key stakeholders
What we are looking for
As a modern digital insurer this role is critical to help our continued growth and success, it will be busy and varied so a hands-on approach is key.
You will also need to be a skilled negotiator with commercial acumen, it is essential you are able to understand complex commercial issues to enable you to drive negotiations.
Insurance industry experience is highly desirable.
Benefits for you
- Competitive basic salary
- Flexible working opportunities
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5k Car Allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Excellent pension contributions
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- Discounted rail travel
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.