Full Time, Permanent
Location: Manchester, Brighton or London,
What is the purpose of the role?
The Privacy Risk Manager role is responsible for leading work to implement the risk management framework across privacy related risks affecting the business, including information governance, , data protection, and privacy, so that Bupa Insurance operates within risk appetite. Within this framework, the Privacy Risk Manager will lead the oversight and challenge of Privacy related risks across areas of both business as usual activity, projects and other developments.
What does a typical day look like?
- Champions the delivery of practical and deliverable privacy frameworks and organisational approaches that lead to provably good privacy outcomes for Bupa and our customers.
- Maintains a good understanding of both current and future obligations arising from the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, and related legislation in other jurisdictions where Bupa Insurance operates
- Work closely with the Information Systems and business teams to foster a high-achieving, well-controlled organisation which can achieve growth targets safely
- Develop, maintain and promote the privacy components of the Risk Management Framework including risk appetites, emerging risks and incident capture and analysis
- Support IT and business teams in consistently applying the RMF to identify, assess, manage, monitor and report all material risks using appropriate tools (e.g. risk registers)
- Support business teams in the appropriate analysis of Privacy Impact Assessments to ensure that risks are fairly scored.
- Provide second line oversight and challenge. In particular, second line oversight should include close engagement and challenge at relevant IT, data security, privacy, and business continuity committees and on project boards which deal with related content
- Deliver and refine regular privacy risk reporting from across BINS/BISL to support effective decision making by senior executives and risk committees
What are we looking for?
- Significant knowledge and experience of best practice with regard to privacy risk management and associated governance frameworks, methodologies, and emerging practice in a complex international organisation.
- Experience with regard to assurance activities and delivering a risk based plan to assess the effectiveness of privacy risk management across businesses and functions in a complex international organisation
- Experience of supporting contract reviews to ensure that roles and liabilities are correctly defined.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Experience of financial services regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes
- Experience of working at senior levels and able to present, influence and to advise senior management
- Proven track record in applying good judgement based on business information and assessment frameworks in order to determine the degree of business and regulatory risk posed by actions and issues within the business
- Recognised as a Privacy Risk expert by their peers and likely to hold certifications such as CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT
Bupa celebrates you. Whether that’s through rewards or encouraging you to bring your true self to work. This becomes more than where you’re from. This is you. This is what we have belief in.
We’re a world-leading healthcare group, running care homes, health centres, dental practices and hospitals. We offer complex medicine and surgery, have an Adult Intensive Care Unit, 5 Theatres with Robotic Surgeries and also have a Radiotherapy Partnership with GenesisCare onsite.
At Bupa, we believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier and happier lives, then look no further.