Primary Care & Outpatient Nurse
Bupa Cromwell Hospital, Kensington
£31,285 – £37,989 per annum dependent on experience.
Full time / 37.5 hours per week
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We’re an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we’re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you’ll be doing
Due to expansion and an increase in primary care services we are looking for an experienced Primary Care Nurse to support our GP’s.
Acting as nurse in charge to oversee a team of Health Care assistants. You’ll be overseeing all health screens, assisting in GP consultations and any nurse led requirements.
What’s a typical day?
- Provide leadership in the realm of primary care & OPD education and nursing care
- Take lead in all BCH health screens in conjunction with clinical team.
- Work closely with the OPD Senior Nursing Team.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all GP’s and Consultants, ensuring individual GP& Consultant protocols are utilised.
- Communicate all Consultant feedback with the Sister/Charge Nurse.
- Provide skilled assistance to GP’s and consultants.
Who we’re looking for?
An experienced and dedicated primary care nurse who is eager to progress their career within a supportive and progressive team.
- NMC registered Nurse (RGN)
- Venepuncture and cannulation qualified
- Experience in Primary Care / Community / Outpatient setting
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- www.ourbupa.co.uk – website for our clinicians that supports learning, promotes CPD and creates an online clinical community
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CDP
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Free annual health assessment
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com