We are looking for an experienced Political Reporter or Journalist who will help shape our political coverage at a critical time for Manchester and the North and join the Manchester Evening News as our new Politics Editor
You will be able to bring in exclusive stories and spot trends that inform longer agenda-setting reads. You’ll be able to write quick takes to deadline or run a live blog or create analysis and comment. You will have experience of managing and leading Reporters and Journalists.
The successful candidate will be as comfortable cultivating contacts in Westminster as they will be reporting social affairs in Manchester.
As our Politics Editor you will support the senior team shaping political coverage across the brand.
In your new role as the Politics Editor at the Manchester Evening News you generate exclusive Manchester, Greater Manchester and Northern Political content and analysis and tell the stories of how politics and policy impacts people’s lives.
Manchester Evening News is the largest regional website in the country and over the years we have learned how to get political coverage read. We now want to grow that audience further. We are looking for an Editor who really cares about Manchester and the North and wants to help fight for its future.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.