We are looking for an experienced PMO Lead to join our team here at Reach, working on our new customer value strategy, putting our customers and their experience at the heart of everything we do.
This role will report into the Head of Product Portfolio and then into the Project PMO Manager shortly after.
This position will involve a mixture of home working and office working in our HQ in Canary Wharf, London.
So, who are we?
Every day our newsbrands – national and regional, in print and online – reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK’s largest news publisher and 5th largest digital platform.
There are 47m online readers in the UK, 30.8m of who get local news from the Live network – 65% of all adults. Our network of over 70 websites provides 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8.1 billion page views per year.
To support Group Product and our Product teams and help ensure a common understanding of, and adherence to;
- All project-related processes covering all aspects and stages of portfolio management, project/work items & end to end delivery.
- All Reach, Group Product, PMO & project management related processes, methods and governance.
- Implementing the correct level of governance across the delivery portfolio, for specific products, projects and work items.
Direct responsibilities include;
- Portfolio management; collective management of current and proposed projects
- Supporting or leading delivery of discrete projects
- Defining, redesigning and implementing specific processes, as determined and agreed with the Head of Product Portfolio Delivery and the Product PMO Manager
- General admin; upholding the necessary level of documentation, as required. Maintaining appropriate logging and filing systems and acting as the focal point of knowledge & information
- 3rd Party engagement, review & management; awareness and disclosure of material terms and conditions. Tracking vendor performance.
- Budget oversight; managing the invoicing and purchase order processes, tracking and forecasting internal and external spend, assisting with financial reporting and portfolio budgeting
- Other programme administration tasks as requested by the Head of Product Portfolio Delivery and the Product PMO Manager.
The ideal candidate
- Project planning; task, roadmapping and report writing skills; using a variety of tools including MS Project, Jira, Trello & Powerpoint presentations
- Communication & presentation; Articulate, confident written & spoken skill
- Problem solving; Competent in identifying and analysing ways to improve process and surface key data to help leadership make informed decisions
- Effective task and time management
- Direct PMO role experience, supporting project delivery, using both bespoke and out the box tools and applications to manage resources, implementation planning, reporting and change
- Demonstrable experience of end to end project support. Including oversight of multiple, concurrent projects and deadlines in pressured environments
- Direct experience helping define, implement and coach project and programme management processes and best practices
- Hands on project or programme financial management experience
- Formal project management certification; ideally P3O, PMP, Agile or Scrum
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 100% Home based or Hybrid (UK Only).
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and
- Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion.
- We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.