It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for Picture Researcher to join us, working in our Picture Hub supporting our national and regional titles which include Mirror, Express, Star, Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, My London, BirminghamLive and Wales Online.
Our Picture Researchers will assist the Head of Reach Photographic to enhance the quality of the images for all titles. They will work closely with the Head of Reach Photographic, Brand Picture Editors and Picture Assistants/Researchers to ensure effective image sharing where appropriate, and to ensure news/features/showbiz images are multi-platform, where necessary.
- To source and edit the relevant images for News, Showbiz and Features stories.
- To keep up to date with all things celebrity via newspapers, websites and magazines;
- To work closely with colleagues in the Picture Hub and across other departments;
- Liaising with photo agencies to secure images;
- To help maintain clear brand identities for All titles and to keep images relevant to the reader;
- To embrace innovation, challenge existing ways of working and be pro-active in helping to move the Picture Hub forward
The Ideal Candidate
- Good understanding of image usage rights when obtaining images from social media and the internet;
- Sound knowledge of CHP, Photoshop, Cue, Contentwatch and photomechanic;
- Must be proactive in creating and producing visual news and feature ideas;
- Ability to produce photo research to tight deadlines without supervision;
- Strong communication to ensure an environment of creative collaboration;
- Confidence interacting with picture agencies and photographers;
- Strong understanding of copyright, content licensing laws and IP rights associated with digital assets;
- A thorough understanding of transferring, storing and managing image files in various formats is absolutely essential;
- Be up-to-date with the IPSO code.
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.