Photographs and video are a vital part of every news story – so can you help us tell the stories that matter in Leicester, Coventry and Northamptonshire?
We have a rare opportunity for a Photojournalist to join our talented team working on Leicestershire Live, Coventry Live, Northants Live as well as the Leicester Mercury and Coventry Telegraph.
Our photographers have been on the scene of the biggest stories we have covered from when our newspapers were founded right through to the present day.
The ideal candidate will be someone who sees themselves as not just a photographer, but a journalist with a camera.
We need someone with a passion for storytelling and an understanding of the images and videography it takes to engage our huge audience. You must also have a creative approach to documenting life in across the three counties we cover.
It’s an incredibly varied and exciting role which will see you at the scene of breaking news, taking pictures of fascinating people and capturing local life. We are looking for people who are curious to find out what’s going on down their street, who find time to listen to conversations and ask what they can add and who believe journalism is the most powerful when it is seen by the largest possible audience.
Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future plans, there has never been a more exciting time to join the country’s top regional news site and the larger Reach family.
This role will be home based.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Use photos, videos and words to tell compelling stories about local life
- Find and tell stories about local communities which engage as many readers as possible or stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Work with reporters and editors to find the very best ways of telling stories and the very best ways for our audience to consume them
- Cover breaking news as well as in-depth features and capture local life
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non-discrimination are upheld in everything we publish
Who are we looking for?
- Video and photography shooting and editing
- Social media skills
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- A valid UK driving licence
What can we offer you?
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.