Pharmacist – Bupa Care Services
Home-based with some travel
Highly competitive salary
37.5 hours per week
Start date ASAP
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
An exciting, brand new opportunity has just been created for a Pharmacist who can build and maintain a strong relationship with the pharmacy provider to Bupa Care Services and ensure that both Bupa and the provider maintain the Service Level Agreement.
- Own all policies and procedures relating to medication management, ensuring that these are reviewed and updated as per plan.
- Own and review medication audits to ensure they are fit for purpose and address the medication policies.
- Review and report on medication incidents and recommend remedial action to prevent repeating incident trends and reduce medication incidents.
- Undertake thematic reviews or deep dives into medication topics to establish trends in practice.
- Be the SME to the Learning and Development team on medication training providing the pharmacology of medication e.g. contraindications and side effects of medications.
- Provide high risk (medicines that are most likely to cause harm) medication training to clinical leaders to improve the capability of clinicians and maintain the safety of residents.
- Oversee the management of Controlled Drugs and undertake the role of CD Accountable Officer (CDAO) on behalf of Bupa Care Services, maintaining the Standard Operating Procedure detailing how Bupa manages Controlled Drugs.
- Attend the Clinical Governance Committee and report on medication practices, trends and learning, recommending improvement action where appropriate and sharing best practice between services.
- Work with the Lead Inspector to participate in internal inspections into homes with high medication incidents.
- Undertake Root Cause Analysis investigations into severity 4 or 5 medication incidents.
- Review homes with low reporting of medication incidents to ensure medications are managed safely.
To be successful for this role, you will have:
- A Pharmacy Degree or equivalent with a strong operational clinical background.
- Significant pharmacology experience across multi-site hospital/care provision.
- Experience in building strong networks, managing and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary professionals from the public, private and regulatory sectors.
As well as being an incredible place to work, Bupa also offers a significant range of benefits which include clinical leadership development programmes, health insurance, contributory pension scheme, free health assessments, dental plans, discounted gym membership, staff referral scheme, family friendly policies, staff bonus scheme and online discounts.