Express.co.uk has an opening for an Overnight Showbiz Reporter to join the team. Does this sound like the dream role? You wouldn’t be wrong! We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes the celebrity world and can bring our readers the latest ‘OMG’ news that our online readers come to us for every day. This role will suit a showbiz reporter who has some experience of working in a digital role, has excellent legal knowledge and is a self-starter keen to make a name for themselves in the industry.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
As the Overnight Showbiz Reporter, every shift will be different. You’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality, accurate, well-researched news pieces, written in engaging and creative ways. You’ll be required to lead the overnight shifts and work closely with the editing team to break news and grow our audience.
You’ll handle breaking news, update social media, interview contacts and stay on top of media law and industry guidelines. Working hours may vary, so you will need to be flexible and a team player.
Who are we looking for?
Whether it is ball gowns, break-ups or baby bumps, you’re always in the know. You’re clued up on celeb news from around the globe, with a particular interest in the UK and the US. If it’s on TV, you’re watching it and if it’s breaking news, you broke it.
You’re first to arrive, you scoop up the exclusives and your storytelling abilities are hard to beat. A fantastic copywriter who works quickly and accurately, you make connections, build strong relationships and gather stories up with ease.
You’re creative, you’re passionate and you’re ready to take the next step in your showbiz reporting career.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salar and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day– an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave– including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.