NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
Job Purpose & Overview:
We are looking for a Part-time Operations Assistant at Glasgow Airport, to join a small friendly team of Operational Support staff. This role will be responsible for providing a broad range of support activities to ensure the efficient running of the Airport operation. This includes met forecasting, general administrative duties, interacting with Air Traffic Control (ATC) systems to ensure that data is correct.
You will also be required to undertake airfield driving and as such a full UK driving license is required.
Other duties include:
- Purchasing related activities, financial control, ordering stationery
- Visitor contact, including issuing permits and visitor passes
- Vehicle management where required
- Maintaining filing systems
- First Aid/Fire Warden responsibilities
- Meetings and note taking if required
- Maintaining operational statistics, databases, and reporting
- General Document Control
- Airside driving
- Meteorological observations (training provided)
- Some manual handling required
- Any other reasonable support tasks required by the local unit
Essential skills and experience:
- Full UK driving license
- IT literate, particularly with MS office, MS Teams
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Minimum of five GCSEs grades A-C (grade 4 or above) or equivalent including Maths and English.
- A strong team player is required with the ability to demonstrate flexibility in meeting various working demands placed upon them.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
Additional vacancy information:
Interviews will take place mid-February 2024 for successful applicants.
This role will operate to a 0.6 full time equivalent working time – salary listed on this advertisement is the full-time rate before any pro rata deductions.
Successful applicants will be subject to NATS security vetting, and medical clearance checks.
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry