NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
Working within an Operational Support position, you will provide effective and efficient operational and administrative support to the NATS Stansted Airport team, utilising the required Air Traffic knowledge and administrative skills in service of the NATS Business objectives.
Operational Support Staff are proactively involved in any continuous improvement activity to deliver an overall enhanced customer service.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver an effective and expeditious Air Traffic support service
- Deliver MET and other operational contingency as required
- Undertake activities that support and develop the operation and the NATS business
- Undertake general administrative support as required
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and external agencies
- Always deliver a high level of customer service
- Draft amendments to existing and new Air traffic procedures in line with legislation, and service level agreements
- Undertake the SP406 (Hazard Analysis) and SP300 (incident reporting investigations) procedures
- Interpret and impact assess legislative changes in conjunction with Airports HQ ATC Ops
- Manage and deliver small scale unit projects
- Write and undertake simulator input programmes for ATCO and other training
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A good standard of literacy, numeracy and analytical skills is essential for these roles.
- The post holder will possess a minimum of five GCSEs grades A-C to include maths and English.
- A strong team player is required with the ability to demonstrate flexibility in meeting various working demands placed upon them.
- It is essential that the post holder can communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and present information clearly so that it can be easily interpreted.
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.