Wingham Court Care Home, Oaken Lane, Claygate, Esher, KT10 0RQ
At Bupa Care Homes, we know it’s our privilege to care for people – supporting them to live with dignity and independence. Occupational therapy is key in enabling our residents to day-to-day activities that are important to them. Right now, we’re looking for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to deliver high quality therapy services at our Wingham Court care home in Esher.
Working hours and salary
Salary: £15.64 – £18.50/hour
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Normal working hours: 8:00 – 16:00
What your typical day involves
Working at our care home that provides specialist neurological rehabilitation care for 18 to 65-year-olds, you’ll:
- Provide therapeutic care management for residents by delivering bespoke clinical management programmes
- Evaluate progress, reassessing and altering treatments as required
- Providing support and communication in an understandable way to residents, carers and other staff members
- Completing any admin duties such as maintaining clinical records and dealing with enquiries in a timely manner
- Delivering a reliable, co-ordinated Therapy service
Who we’re looking for
- A naturally caring individual, who holds a degree in Occupational Therapy, HCPC Registration, membership of the Royal College of Occupational Therapy desirable
- Significant experience of working with clients with complex needs
- Experienced in assessment and equipment provision, thermoplastic splinting, cognitive retraining, RPAB, COTNAB and SMART assessment methods, community reintegration
- An effective communicator, with the ability to lead, mentor and supervise a team in a complex therapy setting, always looking to make a difference to people’s lives
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST work place pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays) pro rata
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About the home
Just a 10-minute walk from Claygate train station, Wingham Court offers long term care or rehabilitation for young adults (18-65) with neurological conditions, acquired brain injuries or complex needs. The home has a real family feel, where the team are passionate about providing person centred care, championing dignity and independence. Benefiting from an onsite tennis court and gym, the team organise a wide variety of activities meaning there’s no typical day here. As part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.