Care Assistants (Bank)
As a Care Assistant at a Richmond Village, not only will you be helping people to truly get the most out of life, but you’ll also be supported to get the most out of your career too. More than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents – providing them with ongoing care and support which helps them live life to the full. We’re currently looking for Care Assistants at all levels to provide residential, nursing and dementia care at Richmond insert name.
Working hours and salary
£10.01 per hour
(Bank & Perm)
What your typical day involves
- · Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care. Providing the highest standards of care, you’ll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
- · Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents
- · Supporting at mealtimes: serving meals and transferring residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
- · Attending planned activities: assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the Village (day shift only)
* Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
* Admin duties: updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
* Senior Care Assistants only: Administering medication in line with the Bupa medication policy and assist in keeping accurate records
Who we’re looking for
Ideally, you’ll have experience of working in a care/dementia setting or you may have a Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent, however this isn’t essential as full training will be provided. Above all, you’ll be passionate for caring for others, respecting people’s choices and always putting their safety and welfare first. A great listener with a positive outlook, you’re confident talking to both residents and their families and understand that confidentiality is very important in what we do. Always ready to lead by example and support the wider team, you’ll deliver care with dignity and compassion and working to put a smile on our residents’ face every day.
What we’ll offer you in return
* Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes including Care Leadership & Management Level 5
* Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
* Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
* NEST work place pension and Life assurance
* 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
* Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
* Refer a friend bonus scheme
* Uniform provided
* Smile Everyday+ – a health and well-being package giving access to 24/7 health lines along with access to a Physiotherapist for muscle, joint and bone support
* Retailer discounts, including interest free travel ticket loans, discounted gym membership and discounts on Bupa dental care
* Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
For more than 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living and part of Bupa; a leading healthcare group. Bupa run care homes, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world, as well as providing insurance to over 16 million people and their purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age