We are looking for a dynamic and creative journalist to build and maintain an engaged audience via newsletters and other registered platforms across Reach’s sport brands. Working as part of the customer vertical, and alongside the wider Reach sport network, you will help establish different ways of engaging with our loyal readers and ensuring readers who opt to strengthen their relationship with us are offered the best possible experience around sport content.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to help engage our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content and build deeper relationships with readers.
This role is home working and we are therefore open to candidates based across the UK.
What will the role involve?
- Manage email newsletters for Reach plc’s sport brands, from concept to successful delivery
- Play a key role, working closely with sport network and CRM managers, to increase newsletter subscribers and page views, while minimising subscriber churn
- Implement projects to grow and retain loyal readers and registered users
- Convert loyal readers and registered users to assist in meeting other network KPIs
- Find new ways to promote content off-platform and find new readers
- Manage and moderate logged in user platforms
- Liaise with senior editors across the network to ensure implementation of key strategies
- This role includes weekend working, this will typically involve 1 weekend in every 3
Who are we looking for?
- NCTJ or equivalent journalism degree and knowledge of media law
- Content writing experience
- Passion for serving sports audience in new, different ways
- Understanding of on-platform digital audience
- Strong people management and relationship-building skills
- Digital publishing skills
- Eye for analytics and implementing subsequent actions
- Worked with registered users and/or audience engagement in media before
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.