Do you want to work for the most exciting media company in the business, covering the biggest news stories from the West Midlands, the UK and across the world.
BirminghamLive, Stoke and Trent Live and CheshireLive are already the best-read news titles in their cities – but we want to get even bigger.
We are now looking for a Newsletter Editor – West Midlands. You will be able to role manage email newsletters across Reach’s West Midlands titles, playing a key role in audience growth across email and platforms for logged-in users, providing cover for social and Google Showcase, when required.
We are looking for candidates with excellent content writing experience, superb digital publishing skills, passion for storytelling and excellent prioritisation and time-management skills.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
What will the role involve?
- Manage email newsletters for Reach plc’s news brands across Birmingham, Stoke, Staffordshire and Cheshire, from concept to successful delivery.
- Play a key role, working closely with local Audience Editors and CRM managers, to increase newsletter subscribers and page views, while minimising subscriber churn.
- Identify opportunities for breaking and specialised sends for existing newsletters
- Identify opportunities for new niche newsletters and pitch ideas
- Build templates for new newsletters to a high standard
- Develop surveys to engage readers’ views and share the results in story and/or newsletter format
- Manage social media channels when required, in accordance with best practices and priorities.
- Manage and moderate platforms for logged-in users.
- Find new ways to promote content off-platform and find new readers
- Provide cover for content editors (if experienced) or content writers as and when required.
Who are we looking for?
- Content writing experience, preferably as a reporter
- Strong people management skills – essential to get this job
- Digital publishing skills
- Social media skills
- NCTJ or equiv qualification
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Strong understanding of social media
- Evangelist for audience engagement
- Driving licence
What can we offer you?
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes