To support the launch of a Nottinghamshire-based email newsletter. This will be an authored newsletter which is a daily digest of news. The newsletter will be promoted as a brand within an existing Reach brand. This role will build loyal and engaged audiences as part of the customer registration strategy.
This role will be based on a mix of home and office working, with the opportunity to work in our modern Nottingham office several days every week. Newly-refurbished it offers an onsite cafe, gym and bicycle parking.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Produce a daily authored newsletter
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of all areas of public life in Nottinghamshire, eg councils, public bodies, MPs and mayors
- Ability to turn public affairs and public matters into stories readers want to share and react to
- Work with senior editorial team to shape position on key issues for brand editorially
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engage with readers about those stories
- Tell stories in many different ways, predominantly newsletters but also podcasts, video, real-time live blogs, articles and pictures
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor’s Code of practice
- Act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish.
The ideal candidate
- NCTJ or equiv qualification or Working towards NCTJ or equiv qualification
- Strong track record in telling stories, accurately, which engage large audience
- Proven track record for digital storytelling
- Digital publishing skills – newsletters, video, podcasts, working a CMS, shooting video, presenting to camera, taking pictures
- Strong public affairs knowledge
- Social media skills – following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Driving licence
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your
- and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
- We are a FTSE 250 Company.
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.