We have an exciting opportunity to join us as Newsletter Development Editor. This role has been created, to identify, support and deliver newsletter opportunities across the Reach network and build loyal and engaged audiences as part of the customer registration strategy.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Support Head of Newsletters in identifying and delivering newsletter opportunities across Reach PLC’s titles
- Key link between editorial and customer teams
- Involved in roll-out of new content verticals across Reach network
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Reach’s email provider
- Work closely with Head of Newsletters, newsletter leads and CRM managers, to develop, implement and assess strategies to increase newsletter subscribers, engagement and page views, while minimising subscriber churn
- Operationally manage the Reach ‘Obsessions’ project
- Work with Head of Newsletters and other stakeholders to deliver the ‘Obsessions’ project including curating new ideas and strengthening portfolio
- Develop and implement projects to increase user registrations
- Support and manage elements of other Reach newsletter projects
- Regular analysis of audience metrics to identify further opportunities and actionable insights across the portfolio of newsletters and obsessions
The ideal candidate
- Generating actionable insights from data; identifying outliers which require investigation
- Familiarity with email providers and / or content management systems
- Understanding of on-platform digital audience
- Strong relationship building, communication and teamwork skills
- Digital publishing understanding
- Social media understanding
- Passion for news and digital storytelling
- Excellent prioritisation and time-management skills
- Experience working with newsletters, preferably in a digital publishing environment
- Experience analysing data
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Media law, including GDPR
- Strong understanding of social media
- Evangelist for audience experience
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Defined progression pathway
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your
- and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
- We are a FTSE 250 Company.
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
- Many of the commercial roles are home based (when not visiting clients) which offers additional flexibility.