Do you thrive in a fast paced newsroom? Do you enjoy the thrill of breaking news and securing brilliant exclusives? The Express is looking for a news reporter.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced journalist who wants to join this dynamic team and help drive the Express’s extensive editorial content and digital presence.
This role will be a mix of home and office working at our London Hub (Canary Wharf).
So, who are we?
We are Reach Plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- You will write and develop stories, with great pictures and engaging videos.
- You will deliver a fast turnaround on major news stories across the UK and around the world and be expected to bring in exclusive stories that set us apart from our rivals.
Who are we looking for?
- Qualified and experienced journalists, possessing at least 18 months experience at a national or major regional title.
- Passionate about delivering a wide range of engaging human interest and hard hitting news stories.
- You will understand what works for a digital audience and deliver content to prove this.
- You will relish the daily challenge of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- You will be social media savvy with current SEO knowledge. An understanding of tracking articles through analytics is preferred.
- Flexibility – working on a rota, this role will involve days, evenings and weekends.
How to apply?
When applying for this role, please upload a cover letter alongside your CV. We want to know why you are passionate about this role and working at this Express.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.