Newly Qualified Registered Nurse – Days & Nights.
Canning Court Care Home,Canners Way,Stratford-upon-Avon,CV37 0BJ
This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. When you start your career as a Registered Nurse at a Bupa care home, you’re supported every step of the way – from building your clinical capabilities to mapping out your future career path. We’ll guide you as you transition from Newly Qualified to an experienced Registered Nurse; supporting your development by offering on-going clinical training.
Working hours and salary
From £17 per hour + Enhanced rates and paid breaks
8am – 8pm OR 8pm-8am
Full time & part time available (minimum permanent contract is 12 hours)
Travel support allowance available.
What your typical day involves
- You’ll take responsibility for the well-being of our residents including; making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met
- Carrying out assessments, you’ll develop, implement and evaluate individualised care plans for each of our residents
- Throughout the day, you’ll monitor work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to the relevant standards, policies and legislation
- Delivering clinical guidance to your care team, you’ll lead, motivate and mentor this team to ensure the safe and efficient day to day running of the care home
- Always promoting our resident’s independence, choice and dignity by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement
Who we’re looking for
You have either completed or you’re due to complete your Nursing Degree (or equivalent). You have a passion for caring for people, helping them to maintain their dignity and independence. You’ll understand that providing great clinical care means looking beyond the established way of doing things – for opportunities to do things better. With an understanding of NMC Codes of Conduct, you’ll have a genuine commitment to expanding your professional knowledge. Respectful and compassionate; with the belief in giving your personal best at all times.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to the Bupa Nurse Fellowship; joining a global community with scholarships up to £10,000, mentoring programmes, webinars, lectures and events
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NMC annual pin payment reimbursed
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 18 months’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
Less than a mile from Stratford-upon-Avon train station, Canning Court offers nursing and residential care, as well as providing short stays and palliative care. The home has a friendly feel where the team are passionate about championing dignity and independence – organising a wide variety of activities meaning there’s no typical day here. As part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Job Reference: CAN00C3_1631179218
Salary: £17 - £19 per hour + + Paid Breaks and Enhanced rates
Salary From: £17
Salary To: £19
Job Industries: Medical and Nursing
Job Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
Job Types: Permanent