NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally.
NATS is recruiting a Networking Infrastructure Engineer who will join a team of engineers supporting our Air Traffic Control network. You will form part of a Network Infrastructure team based at Swanwick that provides expert support across a wide range of networking systems.
You will be responsible for the support of our Air Traffic Control Network Infrastructure to ensure service is maintained. You will be responsible for:
- Configurations of the Network to ensure data flow and security.
- Operational support inc. Incident response at Level 3.
- Patch Management.
- Protective and corrective maintenance.
- Network Integration for Air Traffic Control Applications.
- Undertaking development/CSI activities to improve our services supporting Air Traffic Control.
- Ensuring configuration baselines are kept up to date.
- Updating procedures and processes where necessary.
- Lead on Problem Management and consult with other teams across the wider business.
- Working with the Service Delivery Manager, Service Owner & Technical Designers to understand vendor roadmaps and manage existing technical risks across the infrastructure.
Skills & Experience:
- HNC (or equivalent qualification) in an Engineering discipline.
- Cisco qualifications would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of the following:
- ITU-T E1 Frame structure and CAS/CCS signalling including circuit emulation E1 over IP
- V.24 and X.21 protocols including X.21 over IP pseudowires
- 2/4 Wire analogue voice and signalling systems
- Q931/SIP Voice Signalling Systems
- TDM Network synchronisation technologies
- WAN (MPLS, Ethernet, E-Line, E-LAN, Carrier Ethernet, CWDM/DWDM, Internet, IPVPN IPSEC)
- Network Management Systems including Solarwinds and HP Proliant server
- Protocol analysers Wireshark etc
- Proven experience in a similar role, providing network and system support including the following systems:
- Cisco-based complex networks
- LAN Enterprise/Campus/Data centre.
- Cisco Router, Switch and Firewall experience.
- Palo Alto and Checkpoint security appliance support
- Wide Area Network (WAN) provisioning and routing
- Securing LAN and WAN networks
- Virtualised platforms.
- Windows Server 2002 – 2012R2
- Active Directory
- SQL Server
Beyond the technical skills, we are looking for articulate, proactive technologists that are comfortable communicating with stakeholders of all levels of technical knowledge.
In this position, you must be happy to work on an on-call roster.
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
We have adopted agile working to provide greater flexibility and increased choice over working arrangements, with the opportunity for this role to work in our modern office facilities as well as remotely.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.