The team at Reach is looking for a National Sports Content Producer to help drive our national brands’ strategy to engage and retain more readers and convert them into registered users. The purpose of this role is to create and present content which matters to our sports fans in a way which ensures we continue building our loyal readership and deliver the content they care about directly to them.
The role will report into the National Sports Engagement Editor and will work closely with both our sports and customer verticals. Please note it is a 6 month contract
- Writing, uploading and dispatching newsletters for targeted engaged audiences
- Creating surveys and quizzes in order to drive engagement
- Producing content aligned to company’s strategy of audience engagement and retention, with prime focus on growing sport’s customer base and servicing that base
- Assisting centres in carrying out their vision of a loyal, engaged and retained audience
- Creating new and solidifying current methods of bringing registered users to sport
- Identify new areas and opportunities to acquire new customers to sport audience
- Participating in and moderating discussions with supporters of all sizes, areas and interests
- Helping formulate strategies for short-term, medium-term and long-term regarding the retention of audience
- Ensuring the loyal audience remain in contact with the brands, conforming to those brands’ individual and unique voices
- Moderaring webchats to ensure best practice both implementing best practice and disseminating their worth to the reader
- Driving Reach’s commenting system across sport
- Uploading and analysing data of newly-acquired registered users
- Act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish
The ideal candidate
- Digital publishing skills – working on CMS and exemplary digital storytelling
- Understanding of newsletters and their importance to media
- Encyclopedic football knowledge, or relevant other sports
- Passion for producing engaging content which will drive deeper user engagement
- Media law – including thorough knowledge of GDPR
- 25 days holiday inc bank holidays
- Defined progression pathway
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your
- and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
- We are a FTSE 250 Company.
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
- Many of the commercial roles are home based (when not visiting clients) which offers additional flexibility.