We have an exciting opportunity for a National Sport Engagement Editor to join our brilliant team at Reach. As our National Sport Engagement Editor you will work closely with the national editorial and customer teams to ensure continued growth and development of the audience registered with Reach and deliver top quality content to that loyal user base. You will be responsible for making the most of every email dispatch, survey and writer Q&A, using fresh ideas for content that will retain our loyal audience on three distinct brands and grow our customer base even more through high quality content at all times.
We especially want to hear from candidates who feel like their voice isn’t heard in traditional media. Sport is for everyone and we want our teams to reflect the diversity of the clubs we cover and the fans who support them.
In the role you will spend part of your week working from home and part based at our offices in a flexible location.
So, who are we?
We are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Manchester Evening News, BirminghamLive and the Liverpool Echo (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
What will the role involve?
- Managing email newsletters for the Mirror, Star and Express, from concept to successful delivery and subsequent performance analysis
- Growing and retaining registered customers who comment and interact with content on those pages
- Promoting non-football opportunities to accompany increased editorial coverage
- Devising projects to increase user engagement and guiding full implementation
- Helping formulate strategies regarding the retention of audience across the three brands
- Developing survey strategy to engage readers’ views and devise best practice around related content
- Help identify opportunities for nationwide campaigns around sport
- Manage and grow our brands’ burgeoning loyal audience across all sports
Who are we looking for?
- First-class content editing experience
- Strong team player who can work for benefit of whole network
- Strong people management skills – essential to get this job
- Digital publishing skills
- Social media skills
- Passion for sport and digital storytelling
- Excellent prioritisation and time-management skills
- Comfortable with different content management systems and analytics tools
- Possessing passion for building deeper relationships with digital sport audiences
What can we offer you?
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes