SussexLive is reinventing how to cover live news and features in one of the most exciting and diverse parts of the county.
We are now on the lookout for a multimedia live news reporter to join our dynamic and creative team, based in the community. We’re open to all levels so whether you’re a trainee or a senior journalist we would love to hear from you.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- You will be working as part of a local team to produce high quality digital storytelling
- You will have the opportunity to provide live coverage of breaking news
- You will build strong contacts for story-gathering in our existing and underserved communities
- You will be comfortable interviewing, taking pictures and filming when out on the job
- You will love all things social media and use these skills to build audiences and communities, ensuring content in shared on social platforms
The ideal candidate
- You are creative and passionate, with an awareness of quality digital storytelling
- You will have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification and will use it to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by Reach
- We want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many diverse communities as we seek to grow new audiences
- A driving licence is preferable for this role
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day- an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Flexibility – In this role, you’ll be fully remote-working (UK based) giving you more flexibility to balance home and life. We’ll support you with your home set-up, and you’ll be able to claim expenses for any trips to our office ‘hubs’ or client meetings
- Enhanced family leave- including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes