Reach plc has created a brand new role to help us drive our social media presence, and we are looking to hear from you! We are looking for a creative multimedia designer that can deliver cutting-edge graphic and video content for some of the Nation’s biggest news and entertainment brands. Working alongside the social media manager and creative strategist, you will lead on brand design briefs from concept to execution. You will feed into our design and execution, experimenting with imagery, typography, gifs, video and animation across our various social platforms.
Insta, Snapchat, TikTok, Facebook – you name it, if it’s social you’ll know it, love it, and will create some killer design work for our content!
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Creating visual designs that effectively communicate concepts and brand identity, as well as the design and production of screen layouts, colour palettes, iconography, typography and the creation of style guides.
- Working closely with the Social media manager and Creative strategist to interpret and respond to creative briefs from concept to execution that are social first.
- Working closely and taking direction from our Creative strategist.
- Supporting creative strategist to evolve our design and execution, experimenting with imagery, typography, gifs, video and animation across our various content franchises and platforms.
- Monitoring, adapting and executing design approach and is actively aware of all areas of design and tech.
- Finding design solutions that will make our audience stop and engage, compared to our competitors.
- Offer support across all brand communication on our channels where needed.
- Developing and maintain excellent relationships within the business i.e. Editorial, Marketing and Reach Solutions teams
- Self-shooting content where necessary in order to maintain the smooth running of the team
- Creating content for both organic, boosted and paid formats, with a clear understanding of the different nuances between the three.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.