We are looking for our next Motor Engineering Manager to join our Claims Department as we continue our transformational journey to a top quartile function!
We are passionate about providing a real work-life balance and therefore open to flexible working options. You can be based at our friendly Bexhill-On-Sea or Leicester offices combined with partial working from home or be fully home working for the right candidate.
As a Motor Engineering Manager, you will be leading our in-house department to ensure that our costs of repair and total loss are best in class! You will need to ensure that our SHEQ requirements are fully met and is managed efficiently – and of course, generating a positive customer experience which is at the heart of everything that we do.
What will you be doing?
- Contributing and executing an engineering strategy which delivers services at the lowest appropriate and class leading cost
- Making repair vs total loss decisions based on the best indemnity and customer outcomes
- Driving and supporting the use of network-approved repairers
- Supporting cost reductions such as hire whilst facilitating defence strategies
- Continuously improve to conduct most of the engineering internally whilst managing external suppliers
- Effectively leading your team to meet objectives
- Using data to enable fast and effective decision making to drive change
- Building key stakeholder relationships to support the implementation of change
- Question any possibilities where processes and procedures do not meet our high expectations
We’re looking for people who have:
- Knowledge and experience within the UK motor repair market
- Good understanding of claims and risk management principles and practices
- A technical qualification to support a background in motor body repair methods
- Strong commercial acumen (especially around cost mitigation)
- Passion to evolve current practices and is comfortable with innovation and disruption
- Excellent MS Office skills
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Negotiable base salary with a real opportunity to develop and progress
Up to 10% bonus earning potential
27 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
Pension match up to 10%
Private medical insurance
A supportive, dynamic and flexible environment
Structured career path that rewards achievements and focuses on development
Broad exposure to senior management and ability to contribute towards real change
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare and more)
Discounted Hastings Direct products
We are pleased to be certified as a carbon neutral organization and we have our own Inclusion Council, Well Being Committee and Employee Forum Representatives.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.