Are you passionate about money and consumer news that affects the lives of every single person in Britain? Do you want to help our millions of readers navigate the worst cost of living crisis in 40 years?
Mirror.co.uk is looking for a Money Reporter to cover a wide range of personal finance topics. You will be responsible for reporting on the latest consumer and business news, as well as writing features and case studies, and expert money guides and explainers.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
This role is based in our London Hub, we are therefore open to candidates based in and around London.
What will the role involve?
- Find, write and develop personal finance and consumer stories that will appeal to a UK and global web audience
- Break exclusives to ensure the Mirror stays a step ahead of our rivals
Bring exciting and inventive ideas to the table, including interviews and campaigns
- Be able to work under pressure and produce content containing the best words, pictures and video
- This position will have some weekend working so a flexible approach is required
Who are we looking for?
- NCTJ or equivalent journalism degree and knowledge of media law
- Previous background of money, finance and consumer affairs
- Excellent web and social media skills
First rate writing and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working across multiple stories
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.