Mental Health Team Nurse
Salford Quays, Manchester
£30k to £36k depending on experience
Full-time, 37.5 hours across Monday – Friday (some flexibility on hours depending on the applicant)
A bit about us
Bupa is a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
About the area you’ll be working in
We provide a range of health insurance options which can give customers access to diagnosis, treatment and specialist support services. The benefits available to our customers include; access to Bupa-approved consultants, breakthrough treatment and drugs, our 24/7 Anytime HealthLine and cancer cover that comes with the Bupa cancer promise.
We provide a range of phone-based services to give our customers access to these specialist support teams and you will be joining the mental health team based at our purpose built offices in Salford Quays – easily accessible from central Manchester by tram.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing clinical support to the mental health advising insurance team to enhance the customer experience of those with mental health presentations
- Liaising directly with Bupa customers to assess presenting symptoms in order to deliver immediate mental health support, guidance and information to customers to enable them to make the best, most appropriate and well informed decisions about their healthcare treatment pathway
- Act as a point of contact/escalation for any advice /guidance in relation to mental health for non-clinical colleagues
- Managing crisis calls received into business in conjunction with UK Insurance policy and process
- Assessment of in-patient/day care applications to determine clinical eligibility for the customer
- Liaising with GP’s, consultants and other healthcare providers to determine appropriateness of care and treatment pathway is a central aspect of the role
- Managing Safeguarding concerns from across the business and Safeguarding training up to Level 4
- Developing your continued Professional practice
Who we’re looking for?
We are looking for a driven and focused Mental Health Nurse who is eager to develop their career with Bupa and continue their professional development in a supportive environment as part of a dedicated team.
- Qualified Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
- Strong acute and varied mental health experience preferably from a community mental health service – but experience from a private or NHS hospital is also highly desirable
- NMC Registration
- Experience within childrens / adolescent mental health would be advantageous, but not essential e.g. from a specialist eating disorder unit
As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. You can also benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Nurses at Bupa also benefit from a range of additional benefits including:
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CDP
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Ongoing support for your CPD
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.