Maintenance Operative – Part Time
Richmond Willaston, 261 Crewe Road, Willaston, Nantwich, CW5 6GX
February 2021 start date
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires first-class buildings and grounds. As a Maintenance Operative at our brand-new dementia village in Willaston, you’ll support the Head of Maintenance to keep the village fully functionally at all times keeping our residents’ wellbeing, comfort and safety at the heart of everything we do. As part of this role, you’ll be required to support with gardening as well as driving duties when required.
Working hours and salary:
£8.72 per hour
Part Time, 20 hours per week
What your typical day involves:
- Carrying out all maintenance and repair tasks unsupervised to a high standard
- Supporting with gardening and driving duties
- Identifying faults and taking remedial action where safe and appropriate
- Carrying out regular maintenance programmes for systems/equipment onsite e.g. fire alarm testing
- Testing portable appliances (annually and on-going) and maintaining appropriate records
- Undertaking painting and decorating, ensuring decorative standards are maintained throughout the year
Who we’re looking for:
A full UK driving licence is essential for this role.
You’ll have previous experience of working in a general repair or maintenance role, with the practical ability to paint and decorate along with a good understanding of building services such electrical distribution and plumbing – knowledge of statutory requirements would be advantageous. Friendly and approachable, you have excellent customer service skills and an ability to work well within a team or under your own initiative. A polite and courteous attitude – nothing is too much trouble, you’re always happy to help the wider team.
What we’ll offer you in return:
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are:
Richmond Willaston is a specialist dementia village in South Cheshire, this new concept will help to transform the way people are supported to live with dementia. The household model will create a supportive environment for those with early onset dementia, providing a positive and proactive lifestyle – surrounded by a beautiful woodland walk, a children’s play area for visiting children, a sensory outdoor garden as well as a café bar and spa. In addition, the onsite care home will support more advanced stages of dementia.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.