Richmond Witney, Coral Springs Way, Witney, OX28 5DG
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires first-class buildings and grounds. As a Maintenance Operative at our luxury retirement village in Witney, you’ll join our current maintenance team, responsible for maintaining the village to a high standard. You’ll ensure the village is functional at all times and ensure our residents’ well-being, comfort and safety is at the heart of everything you do.
Working hours and salary
£10.73ph Plus Excellent Benefits
Full time 36hrs
What the role involves
- You’ll work alongside a team of experienced operators, resolving issues and escalating to the Head of Maintenance as required
- Maintaining our compliance level through to use of tablet devices, including links to our BEMS, nurse call and warden call systems
- As part of the wider village team, you may on occasion be asked to support other departments such as gardening, driving or the sales team
- As we are a 24/7 business, you’ll be required to be part of our on-call rota. Duties while on-call may include telephonic consultation, fault finding, and on occasion, visiting site to resolve technical issues, including fire alarms, electrical supply issues or plant/HVAC issues
- You’ll take part in join projects with other areas of the business as required. This may include driving tasks, setting up for festivals/fetes and sales functions
Who we’re looking for
You’re a keen and enthusiastic individual with previous experience in the repair and maintenance of building fabric, preferably on a large scale or in a demanding environment. Experience decorating and an understanding or qualification in of any of the following would be advantageous but not essential: plumbing; electrics and switch gear; locking off process; pool plant; LOLER; RIDDOR; RRO and HSG 282. With an ability to work autonomously, you’re able to use your own initiative but also work well as part of a wider team. Friendly and approachable, you’re a great communicator with excellent attention to detail. You’re IT literate and have an ability to pick up new electronic systems quickly.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction and full training provided, including for all our Village compliance systems
- On-going development and access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
*Only available to permanent employees where Health Roster is used. The above benefits are for permanent employees only – please speak to us about the benefits available for bank workers.
Who we are
Richmond Witney is a state-of-the-art retirement village set in beautifully landscaped grounds that include luxury independent apartments offering domiciliary care and an onsite care home with en-suite beds offering residential and nursing care. Situated in Witney, off the A40, the village is just off Curbridge Road with a bus stop outside the village on the main road. The team are passionate about person centred care, offering an aspirational lifestyle to our residents whilst always helping them retain their independence. From events with the local community and charity fundraisers to birthday celebrations and entertainers – no two days are ever the same at Richmond Witney. There’s a real sense of community here and as part of the team, you’re supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.