Richmond Wood Norton, Evesham Rd, Wood Norton, Evesham, WR11 4TY
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires first-class buildings and grounds. As a Maintenance Operative at Richmond Wood Norton, you’ll support the Head of Maintenance with driving duties, maintaining the village gardens and ensuring the village is fully functional at all times.
Working hours and salary
£10.41ph & Excellent Benefits
What your typical day involves
- Supporting with gardening and driving duties
- Carrying out all maintenance and repair tasks unsupervised to a high standard
- Identifying faults and taking remedial action where safe and appropriate
- Carrying out regular maintenance programmes for systems/equipment onsite e.g. fire alarm testing
- Testing portable appliances (annually and on-going) and maintaining appropriate records
- Undertaking painting and decorating, ensuring decorative standards are maintained throughout the year
Who we’re looking for
A full UK driving licence is essential for this role.
You’ll have previous experience of working in a general repair or maintenance role, with the practical ability to paint and decorate along with a good understanding of building services such electrical distribution and plumbing – knowledge of statutory requirements would be advantageous. Friendly and approachable, you have excellent customer service skills and an ability to work well within a team or under your own initiative. A polite and courteous attitude – nothing is too much trouble, you’re always happy to help the wider team.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where Health Roster is used. The above benefits are for permanent employees only – please speak to us about the benefits available for bank workers.
Who we are
Set in the heart of the Worcestershire Countryside, close to the market town of Evesham is Wood Norton. Situated on the River Avon, the old riverside market town of Evesham is the centre of the famous horticultural Vale of Evesham – known as the fruit and vegetable basket of England.
From the tranquil banks of the river to the undulating hills and peaceful wooded slopes of the Cotswolds, the Vale offers some of the prettiest countryside in the United Kingdom. The quaint town of Pershore is 10 minutes away and the historic city of Worcester is just 25 minutes away. Also close by is the Georgian Town of Cheltenham and William Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.