Richmond Cheltenham, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6PN
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires first-class buildings and grounds. As a Maintenance Operative at Richmond Cheltenham, you’ll support the Head of Maintenance with maintaining the village buildings and gardens and ensuring the village is fully functional and compliant at all times. You will also undertake driving duties with the village minibus and car including transporting residents and collecting/delivering equipment to and from the village.
Working hours and salary
£10.47 per hour
Full time, 40 hours per week (some weekend working will be required on a rota basis and on call)
What your typical day involves
- Carrying out all compliance checks, maintenance, and repair tasks unsupervised to a high standard
- Identifying faults and taking remedial action where safe and appropriate
- Carrying out regular maintenance programmes for systems/equipment onsite e.g. fire alarm testing
- Testing portable appliances (annually and on-going) and maintaining appropriate records
- Undertaking painting and decorating, ensuring decorative standards are maintained throughout the year
- Driving Duties
- Support with gardening
Who we’re looking for
A full UK driving licence is essential for this role.
You’ll have previous experience of working in a general repair or maintenance role, with the practical ability to paint and decorate along with a good understanding of building services such electrical distribution and plumbing – knowledge of statutory requirements would be advantageous. Friendly and approachable, you have excellent customer service skills and an ability to work well within a team or under your own initiative. A polite and courteous attitude – nothing is too much trouble, you’re always happy to help the wider team.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
Richmond Cheltenham is a brand-new retirement village located in the attractive spa town well known for its festivals of culture and racecourse. Heralded, due to its abundance of mineral springs, as a health and holiday resort in the 18th century, Cheltenham remains one of the most sought-after locations to live well in the UK.
Providing a perfect opportunity to retire in style, Richmond retirement suites are available to buy or rent. Lifestyle and care packages are available to make daily life completely enjoyable and worry-free. There is also a beautiful care home at the heart of the village providing a higher level of support to those who require nursing or residential dementia care.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.