Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires first-class buildings and grounds. As a Maintenance Operative you will support the Head of Maintenance to keep the village fully functionally at all times keeping our residents’ wellbeing, comfort and safety at the heart of everything we do. As part of this role, you’ll be required to support with gardening as well as driving duties when required.
Working hours and salary
£10.26 per hour plus excellent benefits
Full time position, 40 hours pw
What your typical day involves
- Carrying out all maintenance and repair tasks unsupervised to a high standard
- Supporting with gardening and driving duties
- Identifying faults and taking remedial action where safe and appropriate
- Carrying out regular maintenance programmes for systems/equipment onsite e.g. fire alarm testing
- Testing portable appliances (annually and on-going) and maintaining appropriate records
- Undertaking painting and decorating, ensuring decorative standards are maintained throughout the year
Who we’re looking for
A full UK driving licence is essential for this role.
You’ll have previous experience of working in a general repair or maintenance role, with the practical ability to paint and decorate along with a good understanding of building services such electrical distribution and plumbing – knowledge of statutory requirements would be advantageous. Friendly and approachable, you have excellent customer service skills and an ability to work well within a team or under your own initiative. A polite and courteous attitude – nothing is too much trouble, you’re always happy to help the wider team.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
Set in the south Derbyshire countryside, Richmond Aston-on-Trent is located in the quintessential English village of Aston-on-Trent. Situated on the River Trent and mentioned in the Doomsday Book, Aston-on-Trent has always been a lively agricultural community. Today, much of the village is now a conservation area and contains many old and fascinating buildings. The village is situated close to the M1 and the A52 making it easily accessible to both the north and south of the country. Close by are Derby, Nottingham and Burton-upon-Trent. Richmond Aston-on-Trent is a purpose-built retirement community in South Derbyshire. Apartments and Suites are available to buy and the Village Care Home provides nursing and residential dementia care.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.