NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
NATS is looking for a home-based ATSEP/CNS Maintenance Engineer to carry out engineering maintenance, modification, and support activities on operational systems at all NERL UK en-route Comm/Nav/Surveillance sites.
Successful candidates in this role will ensure the effective and efficient provision of Air Traffic Management services to NATS Safety and Quality standards.
NATS NERL maintenance Engineers provide the necessary skill set to ensure that en-route Surveillance services meet the standards of integrity, safety and availability required by Air traffic Control.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Carry out planned, corrective, adaptive maintenance on a wide range of operational equipment to ensure the continued provision of a safe and efficient Air Traffic Management Service
- Act as focal point whilst Lead Engineer on site, to take responsibility for operational services and liaise with engineering staff both on site and at Air Traffic Control Centres to ensure that work is carefully planned and co-ordinated. Ensuring operational safety is maintained
- Provide support to Projects and Equipment Design Authorities to ensure that requirements are represented during asset change and support discussions
- Provide guidance on systems and equipment to include instruction on technical theory and procedures to other staff
- Liaise with local public bodies, contractors, and any site sharers to ensure the security, safety and operational integrity of the facilities are maintained
- Troubleshoot and rapidly analyse an operational situation and implement immediate restorative actions
Essential skills and experience:
- Professional engineering qualifications to HNC level and direct relevant engineering experience or demonstrated ability to carry out engineering work, including electronic and radio frequency techniques.
- Proven practical knowledge of Electronic and RF systems in a safety critical environment. Experience in RF Surveillance systems, and data networks preferable with the ability to demonstrate an understanding of how these systems integrate within the En-Route Air Traffic Control environment
- Experience in tactical task planning to facilitate maintenance activities that you are allocated
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to interpret complex engineering information and results and be able to explain the outcomes in plain language to key stakeholders
This is a UK home-based role and primarily covers UK NATS Outstations involving extensive travel
Candidates would be expected to participate in an on-call roster to provide 24/7 engineering support to Air Traffic Control
Company car will be provided
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry