Job: Lung Centre Manager
Location: Bupa Cromwell Hospital, 164-178 Cromwell Rd, Kensington, London SW5 0TU
Role: Permanent, full time
Salary: Highly competitive plus excellent benefits package
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
We are recruiting for a Lung Centre Manager who will lead and be responsible for the daily management and high quality provision of all services within the Lung Centre at BUPA Cromwell Hospital.
The service currently offers a wide range of conventional and complex respiratory diagnostic tests, as well as basic sleep diagnostics and Ventilation (CPAP/NIV). This senior role is expected to continue the development of a rapidly growing Lung Laboratory and Ventilation services whilst continuing to deliver a service to national accepted standards. The weekly workload is likely to be distributed 50/50 (Clinical/Service development and management).
- Be accountable for the service clinically and operationally whilst acting as an expert within Respiratory and Sleep Physiology.
- Oversee, audit and review the quality standards of all Respiratory and Sleep diagnostics available within service provision:
- Lung & Airway (Spirometry, Lung Function Test, Reversibility Studies, Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide, Capillary Blood Gases and Impulse Oscillometry);
- Lung and Bronchial Assessments (Hyperventilation and Dysfunctional breathing, Mannitol Provocation, Methacholine Provocation, Exercise Bronchial Provocation, Hypoxic Challenge tests and Muscle strength);
- Exercise and Fitness (6-Minute Walk Tests, Maximum VO2 consumption and Cardiopulmonary Exercise Tests);
- Allergy and Immunotherapy (Skin Prick Allergy Tests and Sublingual Immunotherapy);
- Sleep Disordered Breathing and Ventilation (Respiratory Poligraphy, Set-up/Support/Troubleshooting of CPAP, Set-up/Support/Troubleshooting of NIV and Set-up/Support/Troubleshooting of alternative therapies to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnoea).
- Have an active role in performing and contributing to the interpretation of all conventional and complex Respiratory and Sleep diagnostics within service provision.
- Regularly update the Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) for Respiratory Services with a view to deliver the Strategy on a Page (SOAP) by 2025;
- Be responsible for the people management assigned, including the Lung Centre Team (Performance conversations, appraisals, setting goals and objectives, absences, training, expectations, act as a leader and promote growth and personal development).
The successful candidate:
- BSc Degree in Clinical Physiology / Healthcare Science
- Current ILS certification
- RCCP registration
- Significant experience in leading and managing a team within remit of role
- Experience in a supervisory and mentoring role for less senior staff
- High level of technical and operational knowledge within a Lung Laboratory
- Experience in service planning, budget management and service development
- Competency in complex Lung tests, Respiratory Polygraphy and Ventilation
- Sound knowledge of the physiology and technical principles of data acquisition of all aspects within a Lung Laboratory
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
To view our fantastic range of employee benefits, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/nurses/cromwell-hospital/
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on 07714 073450 or for further information.