Dailystar.co.uk is looking for a Lifestyle Reporter to join our team.
We are keen to speak with experienced reporters who thrive in a fast-paced newsroom environment, enjoy crafting beautifully written explainers and securing brilliant exclusives. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team and drive Mirror.co.uk’s extensive editorial content and digital presence.
Please note this is a 6 month maternity leave contract.
This role is home and hub based linked to our London Hub. We are therefore open to candidates based in and around London.
What will the role involve?
- As a Lifestyle Reporter, every day will be different. You’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality, accurate, well-researched stories, written in an engaging and creative way
- You’ll handle breaking news, update social media and stay on top of media law and industry guidelines
- The successful candidate for this role will write and develop stories, with great pictures and engaging video, and be expected to bring in exclusive stories that set us apart from our rivals
Who are we looking for?
- Whether it is travel, health, homes, fashion, fitness or beauty, you’re always in the know. You’re clued up on lifestyle news from around the globe, with a particular interest in the UK and the US
- You’re creative, you’re passionate and you’re ready to take the next step in your lifestyle
- You will be a qualified and experienced journalist who is passionate about delivering a wide range of stories. You can work to tight deadlines and deliver accurate and informative stories
- You will understand what works for a digital audience and deliver content to prove this, as well as develop contacts in core topic areas and produce engaging exclusive content
- You must have sound legal knowledge, with first class writing skills
- You will relish the daily challenge of working under pressure and to tight deadlines. Any journalist will understand the requirement of flexibility, and this role will involve days, evenings and weekends
- You will be social media savvy with current SEO knowledge
- Experience using Google Trends and Google Analytics is preferred
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.