OK! Magazine is looking for a Digital Lifestyle Reporter to join their hugely successful celebrity and lifestyle team.
While this is primarily a desk job with the full flexibility of working from home, you will have the opportunity to travel, create engaging and fun social media content, author specialist newsletters and write passionate opinion pieces about the content that matters most to our readers. With our help you will build up a bulging contact book, attend red carpets and interview celebrities and industry experts, while representing the OK! brand at various events.
We work closely with our print colleagues and while opportunities vary, the reporter you will replace has within the last year jetted off to Costa Rica to write a travel article, reported trackside from the Mexico Grand Prix, interviewed Royal experts for Ok!’s Facebook live, and attended countless premieres and award shows.
Of course it’s not all glitz and glamour – the core purpose of this role is digital content creation. Our readers love to have all the inside scoops, which celebrities are related to who, celebrity home styles and those behind the scenes secrets of their favourite shows! As our lifestyle reporter, you will source and publish multiple pieces of content across our OK! magazine’s digital platforms while also pitching shoots and interview ideas for Reach print magazines.
What will the role involve?
As a Lifestyle Reporter, every day will be different. You’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality, accurate, well-researched news pieces, written in an engaging and creative way. You’ll take over the deputy duties when needed, and you’ll handle breaking news, update social media and stay on top of media law and industry guidelines. Working hours will vary, so you will need to be flexible.
Who are we looking for?
Whether it is homes, break-ups, fashion or fitness and beauty, you’re always in the know. You’re clued up on celeb news from around the globe, with a particular interest in the UK and the US.
You’re first to arrive, you scoop up the exclusives and your storytelling abilities are hard to beat. A fantastic copywriter, who works quickly and accurately, you make connections, build strong relationships and gather stories up with ease.
You’re creative, you’re passionate and you’re ready to take the next step in your lifestyle reporting career.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation